Which NEW AA1 Should I Get ? (1GBRAM and 120GB HDD)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by iCoder, Jul 25, 2008.

1. iCoder

iCoder

The New Acer Aspire One with 1GB and 120GB HDD has not yet arrived.
    But I have a friend who works in a notebook store and is willing to hold an AA1 for me.
    Which should i chose,
    the Linpus 1GB RAM and 120GB HDD
    or
    the WinXP 1GB RAM 120GBHDD?
    All suggestions are welcome.

iCoder, Jul 25, 2008
  2. iCoder

niem102

Which is cheaper? Or are they the same price? If they're the same price I'd get windows and get a double boot with Ubuntu going, in case you run into something that you can't manage to get to work on Linux (especially if you're a Linux n00b like me). Otherwise I personally would go with Linpus.

niem102, Jul 25, 2008
  3. iCoder

iCoder

thanks man, im a linux n00b aswell, and it seems your the only one awake to reply!
    Reply appreciate it bro!

iCoder, Jul 25, 2008
  4. iCoder

niem102

hey no problem! let me know which one you end up getting and how it ends up going for you! though I don't think the Linux version with 120GB HDD is going to even be an option for me since it doesn't look like it's getting released in the US...so my choice is easy at least looking at the bright side of things :D

niem102, Jul 25, 2008
  5. iCoder

joe90

The Aspire One is my first serious break free from the shackles of Microsoft, so I know which I'd choose! I've been heading this way for quite some time though, so I'm well prepared for my move to Linux :)

joe90, Jul 25, 2008
  6. iCoder

RockDoctor

My options were 1GB/120 GB/WinXP or 512MB/8GB/Linpus. I went with the former, even though I use Linux 99.9% of the time, figuring I can easily load Linux AND I've got enough HD space to store all the junk I want to keep with me

RockDoctor, Aug 21, 2008
  7. iCoder

RockDoctor

Just got through installing Ubuntu. Webcam works. Wireless works. Sound works. At least one blinking light for wireless works. My thank to all who helped put together https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

RockDoctor, Aug 21, 2008
Ask a Question