Which Laptop should I buy??? Pls take your time

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Selva Kumar A, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Selva Kumar A

Selva Kumar A

Hi fellow NotebookReviewers

Nearly 6 months I have been hunting for a gaming laptop. From the moment I started the search I faced lots of new features which made me course correct from one laptop to another. And finally I feel I have a saturation point and now I am faced with a huge difficulty of choosing between two laptops. I will list down the specs for your view. Please suggest me which one should I choose and Why(Please!!!).

Alienware 17 R4 2017
    http://www.antonline.com/Dell/Computers/Computer_Systems/Notebooks/1294422

ASUS ROG STRIX GL702VS-RS71
    https://www.excaliberpc.com/654257/asus-rog-strix-gl702vs-rs71-17.3.html
    [​IMG]

The most important thing is the Asus Laptop is 1699$ without SSD, So I added 512GB Samsung EVO Pro making the price 2028$.

It can be noted that Alienware has better CPU, spare SSD slot and Screen specs, Whereas the Asus one has higher SSD size and the major inclusion of free items included with the Asus bundle (Such as an excellent backpack, Mouse, Game Pad and a lots more which amounts to roughly 450$). SO if I consider the free items as part of the item that makes the Asus laptop compelling.

Yet another major factor is warranty Asus has alleged International Warranty, I say alleged because the asus site says the local service centre may or may honour the warranty with prevailing local rules. But Dell has ownership transfer which makes the warranty legallized in the country that we move to.

This point is not a fact but a more prevalent issue, Asus displays bleed, a lot. Being IPS. But Alienware is TN

After considering all the points I am as confused as ever because a laptop that comes with gaming mouse, controller, backpack and lots more feels nice but the longevity of the laptop restricts me to the unlocked processor, QHD resolution.

Please suggest me and if in need of any more detail Please ask. Also please suggest a laptop of similar spec if in the know Please.

Selva Kumar A, Jan 8, 2018
  2. Selva Kumar A

Cueyo

The Alienware 17 looks much better to me, not only does it have better cooling, but the processor is the overclockable variant, meaning it can go much faster, the additional storage slot is also a bonus.

Cueyo, Mar 20, 2018
  3. Selva Kumar A

Amy Bros

Alienware 17 will be best option due to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5, 17.3 inch Full HD Display and Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ .
    Hope this will help you.

Amy Bros, Mar 28, 2018
Ask a Question