Which is the best way to get a standard XFCE desktop.

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by armitage shanks, Dec 29, 2008.

1. armitage shanks

armitage shanks

HI, I have looked at the german desktop switching script and also other sites that give details of how to change over permanently but before I leap I am wondering which will cause the least problems in the longer term. I don't want to use the Acer desktop at all really unless this will impare the function of the machine in some way. I have the ssd 8gig version. If anyone has any recommendations I would like to hear them. Thanks in advance.

armitage shanks, Dec 29, 2008
  2. armitage shanks

wollac

follow instructions on this you tube video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=3WrfxjjAGxA it worked brilliantly for me and gives you the option to switch back and forth between the acer and the standard desktop easily by just re-running the script!

wollac

wollac, Jan 27, 2009
  3. armitage shanks

admin_one

I think this is the "best" way; at least it worked for me and no need for a switching script, which I tried and didn't care for. I think this gives you what you're looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4310

admin_one, Feb 3, 2009
Ask a Question