Which HDD can be used on the AOA150?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by thtanaka, May 27, 2009.

1. thtanaka

thtanaka

Guys, I want to change the original HDD from my AOA150 (160GB Hitachi) to a 250GB Toshiba Sata II. But the Aspire One connector has two hatches that doesn't let the new hard drive fit on it. It means that I cannot change it? Or I am doing something wrong?

thtanaka, May 27, 2009
  2. thtanaka

judeh101

what latch?

judeh101, May 28, 2009
  3. thtanaka

thtanaka

i don't know the exact name of that, but it's a piece of plastic that goes right in to this holes in the HDD:
    [​IMG]

They are bigger than the HD ones, so no fit.

thtanaka, May 28, 2009
  4. thtanaka

judeh101

weird, I didn't have those latches on my aspire one or the other hdds. :S I was able to swap it out.

judeh101, May 28, 2009
  5. thtanaka

sdelliott31

Ohhh thats not good. I'm waiting for my WD 500 GB Hard Drive. I sure I don't run into a problem as well. I'll keep you posted on any problems I have when I go to switch.

sdelliott31, May 28, 2009
  6. thtanaka

thtanaka

Well, I have searched arround and I found a lot of people that changed their hard drives without any problems. So I guess this is something in the Toshiba HDD (it came in a HP Pavillion).

If you change it without any problems post here :)

thtanaka, May 28, 2009
  7. thtanaka

sdelliott31

Hi all. I was able to install my WD 500GB 5400RPM in with no problems. It was easy to get to and take off the bracket, reuse the bracket and the new HDD just slid right in. It was recognized in the Bios just fine. I did not get the USB boot to work right so I did a fresh install of XP Pro. I have my games programs and had done a backup to an external drive so it took longer but got all my files back and I'm pleased. The hard drive seems very responsive and I love the extra space. This drive doesn't make noise or thrash. It is nice and quiet. I would do it again.

sdelliott31, Jun 3, 2009
Ask a Question