Where is lcd lid switch?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by drain, Jan 6, 2010.

1. drain

drain

Does anyone know where the actual switch is located on an Acer Aspire One D250 (10.1 inch) netbook? I've noticed that my screen will go black before the lid is completely closed. My thought is that dirt or hair or something is in the switch and is causing it to turn the lcd black without the lid being closed all the way. But I don't know exactly where the little switch is to maybe clean it, blow it out, etc.

Thanks for any advise.

drain, Jan 6, 2010
  2. drain

hartleyshc

if i remember correctly, its located within the right hinge.

you should be able to dismantle the faceplate without dismantling the entire netbook. just take out the 4 screws (the two outer pads and the two lower squares) and then just use some sort of pry tool (credit card works alright) to pop the plastic apart.

also note that its normal for the button to be pushed while the screen is open about 2". (estimate, haven't got out the measurer to get an exact measurement.)

hartleyshc, Jan 6, 2010
  3. drain

drain

Thanks for the info. 2" before closing switch is activated? yeah mine starts semi activating...on and off....at about 4 inches before closing creating a flicker and then sometimes it will hibernate/suspend at that width....I think something's wrong the switch. I'm tryings to decide if doing it myself would be better than warranty service with a week or two's delay getting it back plus possible problems resulting from servicing it by somebody that might mess up things further.

drain, Jan 7, 2010
  4. drain

drain

Wait....strangely I just opened and closed my lid at a fairly repaid paid (not closing it entirely each time) about 20 times and now it no longer flickers as I adjust the lid angle unless of course I close it entirely. WT? I guess maybe the switch needed to be worked really good? Strange.

drain, Jan 7, 2010
Ask a Question