Where can I buy a TB HD less than $80?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by ashley0323, Aug 13, 2016.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323

I know I have seen them around, at micro center, but now that I am needing to buy one, I havent found one. I am wanting to spend around $80, less if possible. It does need to be at least a 1TB internal hard drive.

ashley0323, Aug 13, 2016
  2. ashley0323

Joel7050

I'm not sure about your local prices, but HDD's do cost quite a lot in my country, with internal ones costing more than external ones. You may want to go to a licensed PC repair place, and ask for a HDD, or for them to use a second hand one for much cheaper if you're fine with it. Other than that, I don't think you can get an internal, 1TB+, brand new HDD for less than $80.

Joel7050, Aug 13, 2016
    hades_leae likes this.
  3. ashley0323

Corzhens

This reminds me that my husband was requesting a 2TB which I can buy at discounted rate in the office. Our 1TB for archiving of data is almost full. And although we have several 500 GB hard drives available, it is not easy to use because it has a case and its own power supply unlike the small portable 1TB we have now which is USB based. What he wants is a 2TB in the same genre so you just plug it in a USB socket and that's it. The cost of a 2TB here is more than 150.

Corzhens, Aug 13, 2016
  4. ashley0323

hades_leae

I'm sure you could get them that cheap when you buy in mass for a data center, or in home server bank. I have never seen !TB HDD that cheap before.

But if you really want t get one at that size then buy an external hdd. I just found many of them on Amazon for less than $80 bucks. The cheapest one I saw was a 1tb external drive for $59,99. It's a good deal by the way, just look around and you might find something around the price you want.

hades_leae, Aug 13, 2016
  5. ashley0323

vinaya

I got my WD My Passport Ultra 1 TB HD from a local store in my town for just about $80.Recently, I bought 64 GB USB drive for just $7 on ebay. I have not checked ebay, but I guess you can get 1 TB HD from ebay for less that $80. However, while buying from ebay make sure you are buying from top seller and the product is new.

vinaya, Aug 15, 2016
  6. ashley0323

ashley0323

Thank you all! I didnt even think about buying one online.. DUH! Right? lol I just wanted to let you guys know I found one on ebay for $48, and its a 2TB, brand new, sealed in the box. Couldn't beat it!

ashley0323, Aug 16, 2016
Ask a Question