What's your favorite online/brick n mortar electronic store(s)?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by CasualGoofy, Apr 3, 2016.

1. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

Are you holding out on some secret awesome electronic store I don't know of? Does it involve fancy buddy handshake or dance?!

( I'm kidding really. )

I like "window shopping"/lurk around on Amazon, Newegg, and BHPhotoVideo.

But I never ordered (laptop/laptop accessories) from other sites like tigerdirect, expansys, crutchfield, frys, staples and others I don't remember name of. I'd like to know how's ordering from expansys or frys in particular.

What's your favorite electronic store(s)?

CasualGoofy, Apr 3, 2016
  2. CasualGoofy

vinaya

Amazon is my favorite store, however, country laws have restrictions on what we can receive from Amazon. sadly, we cannot receive electronic gadgets in our home country from Amazon. Not just from Amazon, we cannot receive any electronic items from any international store. The local estore where I get electronic products is called Kayamu.

vinaya, Apr 3, 2016
  3. CasualGoofy

IcyBC

I usually run to Best Buy to look at different computers, compared the look and feel of a laptop, then search online for a cheaper price somewhere else. I am very strange in this way, I have to touch it and see it first before I can make a finally decision. We have many different stores here: Staple, Office Depot, Walmart, Costco, etc..to compare prices. I haven't ordered any computer online yet because I have options.

IcyBC, Apr 3, 2016
  4. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

That's too bad o_O

I don't remember ordering anything significant overseas. Except small items like generic battery and memory card.

Thanks for sharing! Good to know a new store! I do have a relative in Philippines, and it looks like that store have a site for it.

CasualGoofy, Apr 3, 2016
  5. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

That makes me the opposite! I look online for an idea what might be good. And if it's available in local store, I will check it out in person for viewing angles, keyboard and how heavy it is to carry. Then I would consider buying it from the store or online. Usually I end up ordering online because I earn points.

Within walking distance, I'm only close to Best Buy, PC Richards, and BJ's. There are more cellphone accessory shops than general electronic stores.

CasualGoofy, Apr 3, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  6. CasualGoofy

IcyBC

Buying a laptop online is scary for me since if I happen to not like it, returning it would be such a nightmare with shipping cost and not having a computer to use in the meantime. I have heard that Costco is the best place to buy anything electronic since you can return it without question asked, and their grace time period is much longer than others. I don't have a membership with Costco, but I might have to look into it.

IcyBC, Apr 4, 2016
  7. CasualGoofy

UCFKnightSteve

My favorite brick and mortar electronics store is BestBuy. I don't usually purchase items there because of the mark up on most items. However, I like to go in there, handle products, and then go to eBay to make my purchase.

UCFKnightSteve, Apr 8, 2016
  8. CasualGoofy

fcuco

BestBuy is a good store, and the employees there are usually nice but they are forced to try to up sale you to extended warranty plans that you will never need and all kinds of other annoying stuff that you have to politely decline all the time.

I own a couple of Apple products yet I am not a big fan, but, for better or worse, you can't deny that Apple Stores are a pleasure to visit, everything is neat and aesthetically pleasing and you can mess around with all the equipment on display. Everything is super expensive too, but that's another story.

If I know exactly what I am going to buy I simply go to the cheapest place because I see no difference between all the traditional stores, I have no qualms about going to Walmart to buy a laptop if they have the cheapest price.

fcuco, Apr 11, 2016
Ask a Question