What's the Smartest Computer Trick You Know?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Charles Franklin, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Charles Franklin

Charles Franklin

When I was in tech support, one of the tricks I learned to impress customers was the "clock/date" trick. (You know when you hover the mouse over the time and it shows the date!) Back when I did tech support, customers were so impressed.

What computer tricks do you do to show off in front of friends or family?

Charles Franklin, Feb 16, 2016
  2. Charles Franklin

IcyBC

I don't have any tricks to impress anyone! But when I show them how to use the bookmark to keep what they want to get back later, they seemed to be impressed :)

IcyBC, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Charles Franklin

Krissttina Isobe

Don't know any tricks too, but I've had computer problems when the cursor jumps all over the place, so I constantly use the ctrl z to get to the original part of what I wrote and that works really good. I just got computer literate in 2006, a Senior Citizen you see, so I'm still learning a lot about computers. We had to take typing classes in '72 to get our high school diplomas even the boys had to take typing classes. Today I bet the boys are so glad they took typing classes.

Krissttina Isobe, Feb 26, 2016
Ask a Question