What OS would be best for playing games?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by breaker213, Jun 2, 2010.

1. breaker213

breaker213

i had xp worked great for most games but f'ed that up by trying to dual boot (partition mess up) so i had to get win7 ultimate from a torrent

so what OS would be best for playing games on a D250
    ones im considering:

ubuntu netbook edition 10.04 or any other easy to use type of linux
    would love to get xp again but not sure how so if anyone can help me please do had no luck with torrents
    just stay with win7

i dont like using torrents to get a OS but im broke and cant afford a new one heck if i had the money i wouldnt be using a netbook for gaming

breaker213, Jun 2, 2010
  2. breaker213

hartleyshc

So as you said, you have a few choices.
    XP, 7, and Linux.

Ubuntu wouldn't be that bad of a choice, pretty much all the games listed in the repository would at least be playable. (can only think of a couple that would be too 3d intensive.)

The choice between XP and 7 isn't that hard, any game that will play on a netbook would either be old enough, or require low enough resources that the little bit of resources being used by 7 would be negligible. So stick with 7. Any game before 2000-2003 should be just fine to play.

Windows has a bigger list of games it can play, but ubuntu has a nice interface and makes it really easy to get games that will play (for free).

hartleyshc, Jun 3, 2010
  3. breaker213

AOD150BLACK

While I can appreciate your economic situation, it doesn't justify stealing software, especially when there are fee alternatives available! You can't buy a cheap car and then steal the gas to make it run just because you can't afford it! You can purchase W7 oem from newegg for about US100$, that's at most a couple of weekends of odd jobs. Soon you will be out of college and in the real world, and you won't be happy about people stealing from you!

Netbooks are not made for gaming, and have no graphics card upgrade options. There are tons of older games that work well on a netbook, anything pre 2004 for sure, and some later games as well, but that's pretty much the limit.

AOD150BLACK, Jun 3, 2010
  4. breaker213

breaker213

breaker213, Jun 3, 2010
Ask a Question