What laptops have replaceable graphics cards?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by sparkblade14, Feb 26, 2014.

1. sparkblade14

sparkblade14

I'm thinking of getting a gaming laptop since my laptop's HD 4000 GPU is not that great. I also don't want a gaming desktop since I move around a lot and I just prefer laptops overall. However, I read that some laptops have replaceable GPUs, which may come in handy in case of an upgrade. So my question is: which laptops have replaceable graphics cards?

sparkblade14, Feb 26, 2014
  2. sparkblade14

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Feb 27, 2014
    something back likes this.
  3. sparkblade14

sparkblade14

Thanks. I still don't know what an Express Card Slot is though. I googled it and it says it's similar looking to a PCMCIA slot, but I don't really don't know what that is either.

sparkblade14, Feb 27, 2014
  4. sparkblade14

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Express Card Slot - Just so we are on the same wavelength... I presume you know what an SD Card is... and what the slot for it looks like on a Laptop... well the Express card slot makes a whopping big opening in the side of the Laptop (it MAY have a spring loaded cover, to keep the dust out.

Well the Modern PCMIA card is now called an Express Card but it is maybe 4 inches long by about 2 inches wide (and that's just the bit that goes in the slot
    - the part that sticks out the side of the laptop is where the interface is mounted.

The one I have, has two extra USB Slots. but I'm attaching a picture of a 4 x USB slot card...

Hope this is helpful

Attached Files:

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Feb 27, 2014
  5. sparkblade14

sparkblade14

Yes, that was helpful so thank you. I just checked and apparently mine doesn't have that slot (VAIO E Series). :/ Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick with my poor integrated graphics card.

sparkblade14, Feb 28, 2014
Ask a Question