What do you use your laptop for?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by AngelicDevilTel, Aug 7, 2016.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTel

I'm curious to know what people normally use their computers for; Work, School, music, video, etc

I do a little bit of everything on my laptop, luckily I haven't had many problems with it since the first two years I had it.

The main things I do with this laptop is watching videos, recording videos, writing, and just general online surfing.
    What do you do with yours?

AngelicDevilTel, Aug 7, 2016
  2. AngelicDevilTel

fcuco

I use my MacBook Pro for work and browsing the internet, it is the only device that I own that has OSX so I use it for testing some of the software that I develop. I never take the MacBook out, for traveling I use an Acer Chromebook, I use it for online banking, web surfing and video chat, most of the things that you need a laptop for when you are traveling. I guess I could use a tablet for that but sometimes I have to do some work with the laptop and I need a real keyboard, I also installed Linux on the Chromebook.

fcuco, Aug 7, 2016
  3. AngelicDevilTel

Corzhens

First is my laptop. It is an official issue of our company so you can guess that the contents are strictly controlled by the tech in the office. I cannot install any software without permission. Our home desktop will soon be replaced by a laptop and it is mostly used by my husband for his personal affairs - he writes stories, scripts, songs, and also makes videos. In fact, he is using the computer more than I do.

Corzhens, Aug 7, 2016
  4. AngelicDevilTel

acerme2

My laptop is mainly for work. I am a writer and I do a lot of research or reading on the internet, and of course, a lot of typing, too. My laptop has the basic features, nothing fancy like gaming video cards or super big RAM. I use it to do online banking, too, as well as earning money on the side doing some online gigs. I might buy something with high specs sometime in the future because I want to explore animation and CAD.

acerme2, Aug 9, 2016
  5. AngelicDevilTel

cluckeyo

I do my work on my laptop, which includes a lot of video streaming, as well as writing. I sell things on ebay, Amazon, and Etsy, I use all the Gmail apps and write my personal stuff on there. My laptop is about the most important piece of equipment l own.

cluckeyo, Aug 9, 2016
  6. AngelicDevilTel

abonnen

Depending on what laptop I am on, mostly the one I am using now is used for business, I have one similar to it that I use for browsing and then I have a windows computer for gaming. So I use mostly my business one I think most of the time.

abonnen, Aug 9, 2016
  7. AngelicDevilTel

Elektron

I actually consider myself a practical person, I really use my laptop for as many things I see possible, I use it for any minimal detail I may want to do on my daily basis, I mostly spend most of my time on my desktop PC but whenever I'm far from it then I just use my laptop as an auxiliary, but it's really useful and it has helped me out on many troubles, especially when my desktop stops working for any reason.

Elektron, Aug 12, 2016
  8. AngelicDevilTel

Kelly Stum

I use my MacBook Air and Lenovo laptop/tablet for anything and everything. My MacBook is my primary laptop while my Lenovo is more for work projects when a Windows machine is required. So my Mac gets used for 95% of whatever I'm doing such as documents, internet searches and research, watching videos, streaming TV shows/movies, and sometime social media. I've got an iMac upstairs but I can't seem to make myself sit at a desk that long!

Kelly Stum, Aug 12, 2016
  9. AngelicDevilTel

IcyBC

I used my laptop for online work, writing, posting photos, and shopping too! I also use YouTube a lot when I need some information on specific things, plus listen to music and watching movies than can't be found on other streaming networks!

IcyBC, Aug 12, 2016
  10. AngelicDevilTel

djordjem87

I am using it for my work mostly but also for watching illegally movies and TV shows, playing games lie Counter Strike, basically the only one and for staying in touch with people I need and/or I love. AS I said mostly for work but I do watch a great amount of TV shows on KODI. I also like to browse for anything that crosses my mind and I am a bit of a DIYer so I usually watch those tutorials for this and that.

djordjem87, Aug 22, 2016
  11. AngelicDevilTel

rz3300

Everything under the sun I would say. I use it for school and work and for play, and I am pretty sure that covers most of the bases out there. I guess the one thing I really do not use it for is gaming, and I have a desktop for that, but I am pretty sure that this might change soon and I am starting to incorporate it more into this area. Good stuff, and thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Sep 5, 2016
  12. AngelicDevilTel

Humphrey247

I use mine for surfing the Internet and a few board games. It has 2 GB RAM and a quad-core Pentium processor so it isn't a powerhouse. Sadly, this means I can't satisfy my need for AAA games and have to get them on my console.

Humphrey247, Sep 11, 2016
Ask a Question