What do you use your AAO for?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by zeecue, Jul 5, 2009.

1. zeecue

zeecue

Hi

I was wondering about what the users on this forum uses their AAOs for, i personally use it as a car diagnostics pc, with VCDS(formaly VAG-Com), parts catalogs, repair manuals and so on, and some internet browsing outside my house.
    I have the AOD150, with 6 cell battery, so i can leave it in the car for hours without needing a recharge, which is awesome.

Best Regards
    Morten

zeecue, Jul 5, 2009
  2. zeecue

melhiore

Browsing, E-mail and Telnet/SSH. Also programming CCTV - mainly Indigo Vision, Access Control, Warden Call Systems - mainly Tynetec, Alvarion, Proxim and Repeatit radiolinks diagnostic, programming routers and switches - actually all sort of jobs requiring remote assistance and visits on mobile sites...

melhiore, Jul 5, 2009
  3. zeecue

GvidoR

Well, I no longer have an Aspire One but when I did, I used it for Internet, E-Mail, I kept all my files on it (now I have external hdd), Music, Movies, a couple of simple games and... that's about it! :)

GvidoR, Jul 5, 2009
  4. zeecue

adjektiivi

just for fun

adjektiivi, Jul 9, 2009
  5. zeecue

atarione

i take it with me pretty much everywhere email, surfing, remote admin, I like to take it on planes as it is small and handy to watch movies and stuff.

my little 110 has been very handy and I pretty much love it... I've had it for just about 1year now.

atarione, Jul 9, 2009
  6. zeecue

simbeb

internet surfing
    watching movies
    listening to music
    keeping my contacts and personal data

I am going to South America where I am renting a house with several other people, so it'll be our jukebox (with a set of good speakers), games console for my kid, movie player (with a VGA out cable to TV), photo and video station (to back up and watch everything we shoot during the day). This will be the only piece of modern technology in the house for 3 weeks, so it should be quite a central community device!..

simbeb, Jul 9, 2009
  7. zeecue

myksterx

originally purchased for my university work when i go back in october...

HOWEVER!!!

it has taken over my big laptop due to its fast boot time (around 30-40seconds and its loaded and connected to my router, ready to browse)

also due to its portability, ive been taking it to my mothers house/ other houses with me in the leather acer carry case that comes with it as standard, to keep the marks off the top.

i purchased my other laptop around 2 months ago, 2.2ghz dual core, 4gb ram, 250gb hd, 512 HD graphics etc... and now its not even been turned on since ive owned my netbook!! (are netbooks going to be the new notebook???????) haha....

anyway yeah, its basicly my all rounder laptop now, i dont even touch my bigger, faster, more expensive laptop anymore!

however, i havnt been saving any files onto my acer, ive been saving everything to a 16GB SDHC card that i purchased, as i used that in my other laptop, now i can swap it over if i need to access my files.. (saves clogging up the computers and making duplicates of everything!!)

myksterx, Jul 12, 2009
  8. zeecue

Doxigrafix

I love my Acer Aspire One... I use it primarily for my writing!

Best in the world for journal-writing! I use a journaling program and MS Word too. :)

Doxigrafix, Jul 16, 2009
  9. zeecue

Gaso

I use it for ssh(X11 forfwarding), I keep my pdf users manuals on AA1, for all stuff I own. Internet, email, forums, watching movies in bed.
    I mainly use it as a sub notebook, otherwise I prefer desktops, and monitors 24" for serious work

Gaso, Jul 16, 2009
  10. zeecue

Firo

Being a diplomat I found this machine a perfect tool for writing at the meetings, easy fits into a bag and my report is almost done even before I sit to a desktop to finalize it. It is rather the second (actually the third) computer I am using for my work, but very useful - used on a daily basis.

Firo, Jul 16, 2009
  11. zeecue

GvidoR

Hey, a good thing you like the netbook because the graphics card for HP Pavilion Dv6000 series notebooks just dies after the warranty ends. I work in a computer repair place and I can tell you that for sure. Google that problem if you want to.

GvidoR, Jul 16, 2009
  12. zeecue

me075064

Hi all
    My AA1 has become my mine PC now, I use it for email, browsing, blogging and watching movies whilst travelling.

I've also enjoyed experimenting with it to find out how to get the best out of it

A wondeful bit of kit.

Cheers
    John M

me075064, Jul 16, 2009
  13. zeecue

DougHillman

Ostensibly, mine was bought to be my main DJ device. (I'm a swing dance instructor / DJ) It is, as I spin offa it a coupla nights a week. But it's also become a "go everywhere, do everything" machine. Besides the typical internet access, I game on it (Lord of the Rings Online, Rainbow 6 Raven Shield, World of Goo), do some lite Photoshop, work audio files with Audacity, etc. Pretty much everything that I do with my desktops or full-sized notebooks.

Besides DJ'ing with it, I usually broadcast live video of the events on the web from the Acer at http://www.stickam.com/dougdoberman. I disable the internal webcam and use a Logitech 5000 with a nice external boosted mic.

DougHillman, Jul 18, 2009
Ask a Question