What do you think about Windows 10 (for those who have already upgraded)?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sefie, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Sefie

hashxc

Yeah it's really suspect whenever Microsoft finds it in their heart to release ANYTHING for free.... My recommendation is, if you are using Windows 7.... KEEP it. Windows 8/8.1, switch. 8/8.1 are much more similar to 10 and suffer from the same instabilities so you have nothing to lose really.

hashxc, Oct 6, 2015
  2. Sefie

nytegeek

Sure, it's easy to stick your head in the sand and choose to believe all the unfounded FUD about Windows 10. Or you could just keep your system up to date and avoid a lot of headache later. Upgrading or using an outdated version of Windows aren't the only options you know. You could use something else.

nytegeek, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Sefie

hashxc

That is true. You could switch to a Mac or Linux base OS like Ubuntu (pretty user friendly). Or you could stick with, the OS you have already paid for, Windows 7.... not exactly an outdated OS. I mean the end of support date isn't until January 14th 2020! I think it would be fair to say that someone that bought that OS not but a couple years ago, should be able to use it for more then just a couple years before it is called outdated. Especially if Microsoft is supporting it until 2020.

hashxc, Oct 6, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Sefie

Sefie

@nytegeek I just saw that one message you are referring to yesterday. But then why are they (even tech bloggers) referring to it as a ''keylogger''? it's so very confusing when those who write about tech start saying that kind of things. I guess I should take everything I read online with a grain of salt o_O You are changing my perception of the info found on the internet o_O

Sefie, Oct 10, 2015
  5. Sefie

nytegeek

There are a lot of people writing stories for publications and blogs about tech that know just enough to be dangerous. There are also a lot of people that use certain words or cast things in a light that stirs up a bit of panic so that they get more traffic to their site. It isn't exactly what one could call a keylogger, it doesn't record everything you type and send it off to somebody to read. It is different in scope than what was in the preview and it is simple to turn off. It's an anonymous computer analysis of typing and spelling patterns used to improve grammar checking and spell checking features. People call it a keylogger because they don't know any better or because the word keylogger generates more site traffic from people searching the term.

nytegeek, Oct 10, 2015
  6. Sefie

cheryllei9h

No problems with mine. Well except the webcam didn't work but I had to take mine to the shop for a screen so they fixed that. Now it's fine. It seems faster too.

cheryllei9h, Oct 17, 2015
Ask a Question