What browser do you run on windows?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by alash, Jul 20, 2014.

1. alash

alash

Hi all

What browser do you run and what version of windows are you running? Im currently running windows 7 ( I don't like windows 8 ) and I use firefox and it has been plain sailing.

When I used to use Internet Explorer it would crash constantly, you would of thought by now that microsoft would of improved on the browser side eh.

Alash

alash, Jul 20, 2014
  2. alash

Navii

I'm running Google Chrome on Windows 8 and I'm quite pleased, it never crashes and goes smooth like butter. I think nowadays all browsers are close to equally good, it's just that people have preferences and some just don't want to change from something that works anyway. I actually use all of the big browser since I have to test if websites look the same in all browsers pretty often and I don't really see any differences in performance. I only use Chrome because there are some extensions only available for Chrome and also because I like to customize it a bit and I'm not that familiar with costumizing other browsers.

Navii, Jul 21, 2014
  3. alash

alash

I have used google chrome and to be honest I don't think it compares to other browsers it feels sluggish. Chrome hasn't been out many years so they still have time to improve. It's all down to personal prefference I guess.

alash, Jul 21, 2014
  4. alash

thestoryteller1

Me too! Well, that, and I have Chrome. I almost never use it, but there are a site or two which run only on Chrome for some reason, and I wanted to try them for online work. Internet Explorer crashes a lot, and since I found Firefox I haven't used it. I think it has been years since I last used Internet Explorer, honestly.

thestoryteller1, Jul 22, 2014
  5. alash

Navii

Some sites don't work for some browsers because the developer most likely didn't try it out in other browsers. There's some lines of code that only work for one browser and you have to use different lines of code to achieve the same thing in all browsers. That's pretty infuriating for some web developers but I see it as a necessity to ensure that all users can use my sites. So he either didn't include the code for firefox/safari/IE or it doesn't work on those browsers for some other reason.

Navii, Jul 22, 2014
Ask a Question