Well it appears my SSD has died

Discussion in 'Storage' started by dasy2k1, May 31, 2009.

1. dasy2k1

dasy2k1

Well it appears my SSD has died
    not sure exactly what has happened by things keep crasshin and i get strange ATA erros constantly polling on all ttys (ubuntu 9.04UNR)

if it has died i think i will replace with the CF card adapter,.

does anyone know if the original ZIF cable works with them or do i need a flipped one?

also will a 133X CF card be fast enough, or do i really need to pay 40times as mutch for a 300X one (that costs almost as much as the AAO did)

dasy2k1, May 31, 2009
  2. dasy2k1

Frits

Hi,
    i did have they same problem, i used several tools, like hdregenerator to rescue my ssd disk, but in vane..
    so i brought it back to the Vendor, and although mine is almost a year old, and i am runnung xubuntu 9.0.4, and put in 1gb ram extra, i did get a new ssd under warranty.
    They vendor sent the One to Acer.
    In stad of the old ssd(the slow one) i have a new one, wich is faster :lol:
    Acer gives a year warranty on the ssd.
    succes!

Frits, May 31, 2009
  3. dasy2k1

dasy2k1

gah i got mine on Amazon so i dont think i have much of a warranty i have also put in an ectra gig of ram

dasy2k1, Jun 8, 2009
  4. dasy2k1

forumlurker

Now I dont know if my SSD has died or not.
    One day, the SSD light just decided to turn on permanently, and a black screen pops up.
    Restarting does nothing. Cant boot windows. Cant get into safe mode. Well, to be fair, I got in for a couple seconds and then blackscreened.
    Feel like throwing my One into the bin. I've spent more than it's value on it in terms of hours spent tweaking and making it run well, and then after a couple months of being happy its back to the drawing board...

:'( :'( :'( :'(

I'll see if a reformat works... tomorrow. Its time for bed.

forumlurker, Jul 16, 2009
Ask a Question