Weird screen display....

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Rayster, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Rayster

Rayster

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum. :)

Anyway, I need a little help. Here's a picture of what I took yesterday:

[​IMG]

It's an Acer Aspire 4740 model with i5 processor.

Any help guys if this is really a hardware problem or software? I discovered this when I charged my laptop 'til morning converting lots of videos. Sometimes that weird bunch of lines appear in the screen, if I try to refresh, it just disappear. :?:

Rayster, Mar 26, 2010
  2. Rayster

melhiore

Most likely it is driver issue... Check if video driver you have is newest one. Alternatively you can refer to manufacturer website and download other version...

melhiore, Mar 26, 2010
  3. Rayster

Swarvey Moderator

I've had very similar issues from graphics cards in PC's. Sometimes it can be caused by faulty RAM. Integrated graphics chips use some of your system RAM, if it's faulty it'll cause "artifacts" as you're displaying here. However, they will also appear during POST.

Other times these artifacts can be caused by overclocking, the problem still starts at the RAM running the wrong frequency and corrupting DATA.

*Test your RAM with Memtestx86
    *Try restarting, and see if the screen is still garbled in POST (before the operating system starts to load

Other people have been having some pretty serious issues with the AAO's monitors, but they're a bit more serious than this one.

Swarvey, Mar 26, 2010
  4. Rayster

melhiore

True. Completely forgot about shared RAM...

melhiore, Mar 27, 2010
Ask a Question