Weird One behavior after sleep/hibernate?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Verbl Kint, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Verbl Kint

Verbl Kint

Has anybody been experiencing weird behavior from their One after sleep/hibernate?

I've been having problems myself (using default linpus lite).

Verbl Kint, Jul 16, 2008
  2. Verbl Kint

klvn

I noticed when I woke it up from sleep, my touchpad turns off completely. Initially I thought my system froze but by pressing Fn + F7, all was well =) What problems did you encounter?

klvn, Jul 16, 2008
  3. Verbl Kint

lotus49

That's actually quite a common Linux issue. When it wakes up it switches virtual console and pressing alt F7 takes you back to the X Window virtual console. My Compaq nc4200 running Ubuntu does exactly the same thing - it's no big deal but compared to my MacBook Pro, which wakes from suspend and connects back to the wireless network in 1-2 seconds, it's a bit inelegant.

lotus49, Jul 16, 2008
  4. Verbl Kint

nizmo

Ive not had the pad issue, but another.

It starts up after sleep, but nothing shows on the screen, iits just blank. I then have to hold on/off button to turn off and on again, then it will start to start, restart and then finally get into linux like it should.

nizmo, Jul 17, 2008
  5. Verbl Kint

Flaterik

I try my one yesterday, after hibernation ther are no iussue . It works fast and fine. Also the wireless reconnect fast

Flaterik, Jul 18, 2008
  6. Verbl Kint

van_stonesky

I have exactly the same thing happening to me twice now (out of maybe 20 times of waking the machine up after putting it to sleep); not too happy with it

van_stonesky, Jul 18, 2008
  7. Verbl Kint

Kev50027

On a slightly different topic, is there a way to make it just shut off the screen when i close the lid? The first thing I do on an Windows machine is to adjust this setting, I like to close the lid to save battery but not put it in standby or anything.

Kev50027, Jul 18, 2008
  8. Verbl Kint

Verbl Kint

This is exactly what I'm experiencing. Happened to me more than a few times already.

Verbl Kint, Jul 19, 2008
  9. Verbl Kint

ensoph

I've had this POS for a day now and I've had this same thing happen to me like 3 times now. It's pissing me off! It's things like this that make me appreciate my old clamshell iBook more than ever.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks

ensoph, Jul 27, 2008
  10. Verbl Kint

Verbl Kint

Haven't had this problem ever since I installed XP. ;)

Verbl Kint, Jul 28, 2008
  11. Verbl Kint

Kaos2K

yes , there is a Way to do that. In the advanced menu go to -> System -> Energy -> General Setting and Click in the text that shows: "Events button". Youll get 3 options for action to Power Button , Close Lid buttos and Sleep but. Just select "Do nothing" at the Close the Lid Button. Done :)

Kaos2K, Aug 2, 2008
  12. Verbl Kint

icouldiwill

I had the same problem. When the AA1 went to sleep while on battery power, the screen wouldn't wake up, although the machine did. On AC there was no such problem though. I took it back to the shop I bought it and because it was still less than 3 days after I got it, they replaced it and this one now doesn't have this problem.

The thing is that, both of these AA1s was first time switched on by me and I hadn't changed any settings since I am not familiar with Linux in the first place. So from the fact that one had this crash and the other doesn't, I humbly concluded that this is necessarily a hardware issue, and that's why they agreed to replace it.

Please let this forum know if there is any other solution you have reached regarding this issue.

icouldiwill, Aug 5, 2008
  13. Verbl Kint

Beldar

No problems here (Linpus).

Beldar, Aug 5, 2008
  14. Verbl Kint

retsaw

The only problem I've had is with Network Manager not connecting or seeing any networks after I come back from suspend, and even that doesn't happen very often. You can fix it by restarting Network Manager by typing "sudo /etc/init.d/NetworkManager restart" in a terminal.

retsaw, Aug 6, 2008
Ask a Question