Webcam not working anymore

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ashpire, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ashpire

ashpire

Hi

I have a problem, my webcam is not working anymore. The whole system just hangs when I try to use it in any program, I can move the mouse cursor, but I can't do anything else. The last thing I did was that I installed drivers for my DVB-T digital-tv-stick and installed the kernel-headers using this guide: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=608 but it shouldn't affect the webcam in any way..

So does anyone know how to get the webcam working again?

I'm using Linpus Linux on my A110.

ashpire, Jan 4, 2009
  2. ashpire

ashpire

Can someone help me? Does the installation of kernel-headers have anything to do with the webcam? Or is it possible that my USB DVB-T sticks driver overwrites the webcam driver in some way?

ashpire, Jan 5, 2009
  3. ashpire

tetrode27

Hi ashpire,

I have exactly the same problem...did you manage to find a solution anywhere?

Best Regards,

Ken...

tetrode27, Jan 16, 2009
  4. ashpire

dr_skids

Same problem here. I used the hauppauge usb dvb-t stick instructions and now my webcam does not work.

I think it has something to do with /dev/video0.

Dr. Skids. :?

dr_skids, Jan 18, 2009
  5. ashpire

ashpire

I think the problem is that uvcvideo can't start now.

I think the solution is here, but I'm not so good at german so I'm not sure what to do:
    http://www.freiesmagazin.de/mobil/freiesMagazin-2008-08-bilder.html#08_08_webcam

I think uvcvideo has to be recompiled and installed, and "Module.symvers" from vl4 should be copied to the uvcvideo folder before recompilation of the module, or something?

If someone could translate or tell me what I should do I would be really happy :)

ashpire, Jan 26, 2009
Ask a Question