Web camera not detected, imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by emsy, Jun 14, 2016.

1. emsy

emsy

Hello everyone! I am using an Acer One 14 Z1402-31ZJ with Windows 10. My intergrated camera was working fine until recently. But now each time I use the webcam a message error appears saying that the camera is not detected. I've been trying many different ways to solve this problem.

1. I've tried to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to detect any issues - didn't work

2. Imaging devices is missing in device manager. (It was there before) I've tried several times to search any new device changes or updates - didn't work.

3. I've also tried to restore my laptop but the webcam still doesn't work. [​IMG]

I really hope someone can help me!

Regards,

Emsy

emsy, Jun 14, 2016
  2. emsy

fcuco

HI!

Has your camera ever worked under windows 10?

Have you visited the Acer website and tried downloading the latets drivers? (http://acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers)

If the device is actually absent from the control panel device manager you could be looking at a hardware problem, the thing died or some cable became loose, you can try the following anyway: go to the device manager, view, and choose "show hidden devices", perhaps now the camera shows and you can update the drivers.

fcuco, Jun 15, 2016
  3. emsy

Novelangel

I like what fcuco had to say, but I want to add that sometimes you can pick up malware that enables another person to get control over your computer. You may want to run a check for any 'evil' that might be lurking within your machine. Some people just like to prove their power over us by playing little pranks on our computers. Something that you know was working might stop working for no apparent reason, meanwhile, other things that you deactivated or deleted might pop back up randomly to annoy you. Also, if you recently switched to 10, you might find your drivers hiding in a different location, and it may take a bit of sleuthing to locate.

Novelangel, Jun 15, 2016
Ask a Question