Wbar Minimising Issue

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by meggark, Oct 10, 2008.

1. meggark

meggark

Hi,

I'm in the process of customising my desktop and I've got it looking more or less as I want it, however I have an issue with wbar. If i press the display desktop button it gets minimised like any other window. Is it possible to have it permanently displayed on the desktop and avoid minimising? If not would it be possible to set a shortcut to bring it up without having to reload it? It's a bit of a pain having to open the terminal every time i go to the desktop...

Cheers,

Mark

meggark, Oct 10, 2008
  2. meggark

kapinouwi

try with "xfce-panel -a" to create a shortcut!

kapinouwi, Oct 13, 2008
  3. meggark

arthurinparis

how did you get that transparency effect mate?

arthurinparis, Oct 13, 2008
  4. meggark

meggark

Using the Compiz Fusion window manager. It comes preinstalled on the one. Just open up a terminal and type compiz-manager to run it.

Or better yet the best way to use it is to install the fusion icon using

$ sudo yum install fusion-icon

This will let you switch between window managers (You'll have to go back to Xfwm4 for viewing videos) using a little icon in the task manager. You can add it to startup by running the command
    $ xfce4-autostart-editor
    and adding a new entry for it with the command fusion-icon

Just right click the wee icon and go to select window manager>compiz. There's also access to the compiz settings editor in there, plenty of effects and cool things for you to choose from, 3d cube for switching desktops, expo which shows all your desktops for switching with wee reflections, wobbly windows, etc.Plenty of instructions on the forum on how to use it.

meggark, Oct 14, 2008
Ask a Question