Way to Verify Ubuntu is Installed Properly

Discussion in 'Linux' started by bryanwf, Sep 5, 2008.

1. bryanwf

bryanwf

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to verify that Ubuntu still has a proper installation. I had some lock ups a couple times and was force to hard reset. Then for a couple times the AA1 wouldn't boot properly. It would say no bootable drive, press any key when ready... but then maybe after the fifth or sixth reset it would finally go into Ubuntu. I am wondering if perhaps there are some corrupt files or something.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

bryanwf, Sep 5, 2008
  2. bryanwf

ruckus

I am not sure how much help I can be. I just thought I would mention, I have installed Xubuntu on my A1 and it hasn't locked up for me at all. I love the system too. Xubuntu uses xfce for the window manager, and the system keeps a pretty tight boot time IMO. The same process for Ubuntu can be follow for Xubuntu, just use the Xubuntu iso instead. All of the same tweaks work.

Your drive problems are concerning, I am not sure if there is a loose connector or something to your drive. If I were you I would at least try a fresh install to see if that sorts it out.

ruckus, Sep 11, 2008
Ask a Question