Water cooled or air?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Livvy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Livvy

Joel7050

I'm very paranoid and won't use water-cooling, and I don't require it right now. There's less work, risk and maintenance so i prefer to get a good fan instead. I don't really mind the noise, especially since I use headphones most of the time instead of speakers.

Joel7050, Aug 12, 2016
  2. Livvy

Elektron

Water cooler is a good system because it's innovative and actually the best cooling system when it comes to electronics and that sort of stuff, however, fan systems are always going to give you the 90% security of that your system will always be receiving air (unless it stops working) so I really recommend that you buy either of them, then if you can afford the water system, then just go ahead and buy it, remember to find a good technician to do the job.

Elektron, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Livvy

BlueText

I just put my laptop on two books and let the air naturally cool down the computer. I accidentally knocked over a drink over my last laptop so I'm a bit wary of cooling my laptop with any liquid. The lack of sound would be awesome. But I've just gotten in the habit of keeping my room cool and circulated.

BlueText, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Livvy

Corzhens

Pardon me for my ignorance but this is the first time I've heard of a water cooled computer. But I would appreciate the quietude of a water cooled against the noisy fan of the computer. However, if you don't work in a hot place then I guess the cooling fan would be enough. From the stories I've heard of friends who worked abroad, engineers in Saudi Arabia were working in terrible heat so the water cooled computer is best for them.

Corzhens, Aug 30, 2016
  5. Livvy

vinaya

I have heard about water cooled computers, however, I have not used a water cooled computer. In fact I have not even seen a water cooled system. There is a problem with my cooling fan. I have talked about this issue with many people and they say when the computer gets old, there will always be problem with coolin fan. I want to try water cooled system.

vinaya, Sep 2, 2016
  6. Livvy

AntonioCalcano

I think air cooling would suffice for the average user. Air cooling is cheaper and effective in most situations, not to mention that it's safer and the only downside is that it produces noise since you have spinning fans. Water cooling is only better than Air cooling if you live in a very hot place and are constantly playing videogames for long periods of time, or running heavy applications for video editing.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Livvy

cardinals27

The watercooling method is much quieter than air cooled. I also think it is probably more effective. I definitely want to get mine watercooled.

cardinals27, Sep 18, 2016
Ask a Question