Voice recording software for Linpus

Discussion in 'Linux' started by steven.chien, Mar 21, 2009.

1. steven.chien

steven.chien

I have an aa1 with Linpus, I wanted to test the built-in microphone, but there is no voice recording software, what voice recording software is recommended?

Thanks!

steven.chien, Mar 21, 2009
  2. steven.chien

barrie

Hi,

Sorry cant help with the software side of things although there are threads here talking about the built in vid/cam and mic.

Will just add that they work beautifully with Skype, I have no need for a headset now. ;)

barrie, Mar 23, 2009
  3. steven.chien

speccles

It's got to be Audacity ;)

speccles, Mar 25, 2009
  4. steven.chien

tpcug

tpcug, Mar 30, 2009
  5. steven.chien

solpuerto

Hi
    As of 2 April 2009 Acer has a patch that enables the mic with the built in webcam via Live Updates. You can now record video and sound with the Cam. Quality ?????????

solpuerto, Apr 5, 2009
  6. steven.chien

MobileMan

This is great and I asked for this a year ago. But when I try to unpack it I get:
    gzip: stdin: not in gzip format

Any answers- really I need specific instructions? Does this definately work in Linpus without recompiling? My onboard mike is still dead for unknown original reasons.

MobileMan, Dec 8, 2009
  7. steven.chien

MobileMan

Stilll need Voice recording software for Linpus

Thanks Solpeurto - just actually tried camera again and the onboard mike WORKS!! It is even synchronized with video, though I haven't checked it out with Skype yet (the only audio using program I had). Now all I need is AUDIO RECORDING SOFTWARE that works. soundrec didn't unpack and audiocity doesn't have fedora version that I can find. I'm a journalist doing radio reports from Kiev so it would make things much easier if I can save WAVE's or high quality MP3's or anything straight from AAO. Need about 1 meg/minute quality.

MobileMan, Mar 4, 2010
  8. steven.chien

JohnSN

Does anyone have an answer to this yet?

I would like to record the proceedings at a meeting on the 17th of this month onto my Acer Aspire One net-book.
    There will be a "Line In" type feed from the PA available. The net-book has a stereo in socket (pink) so the hardware side seems easy enough and I am thinking I just need a bit of software to record and save the sound file.

Up to now I have just used the software that came with the machine but I can't see anything for sound recording.

I am a long time computer user (learned FORTRAN in the 1970s) but I have never touched Linux command interface.

I need help to find a recording program and on how to install it.

JohnSN, Apr 2, 2011
Ask a Question