VMware fusion

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by pyro225, Nov 6, 2008.

1. pyro225

pyro225

Anyone else had troubloe ith this? it gets near the end when running install script and i get a kernel panic and i have to reboot, it seem to install correctly but clearly hasnt finished as it wont work.... help?

pyro225, Nov 6, 2008
  2. pyro225

shadow349

I just tried installing VMWare Fusion Version 2.0.0 on my iATKOS 4i 10.5.4 install and it panicked.

Afterwards, the machine would just die on the blue screen during startup - it was a panic, but no grey panic window would come up.

I had to start up in verbose mode to find out where VMWare was causing the problem.

To recover, I started up in verbose single-user mode (-v -s), ran the disk check, mounted the root partition and moved the following file:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vmware.launchd.vmware.plist

to another directory:

/OLD/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vmware.launchd.vmware.plist

("OLD" is where I keep all my files when I move them out of the way ... that way it is trivial to recover).

The machine rebooted fine and I was able to uninstall VMWare.

shadow349, Nov 6, 2008
  3. pyro225

pyro225

thanks for your reply, i found another way to get rid was to go in wit -x switch and just uninstall it. I just wondered if you now how to install it successfully or what causes the prob? i have iunistalled it currently but really neeedt o know how to install?

pyro225, Nov 6, 2008
  4. pyro225

shadow349

I'm not sure that VMWare will work. That kernel module needs to be installed for VMWare to run and it causes a panic when it is installed.

I'm just finishing a WinXP install under Parallels and it seems to be working correctly.
    Now I'm moving on to Vista.

shadow349, Nov 6, 2008
  5. pyro225

pyro225

Hmmm i have tried on 2x kernals as well - the vanilla and voodoo surely something must cause it to break...?

pyro225, Nov 6, 2008
  6. pyro225

benmellors

I got VMware fusion working perfectly.
    Just download the latest voodoo kernal and it has automatic support for it.
    And you can get official apple updates now aswel!
    Plus hyperthreading and a %20 speed boost!
    Go Try It!!

Benjamin

benmellors, Dec 12, 2008
Ask a Question