Virtual Android Phone on a PC

Discussion in 'Android' started by DangerSuit, Apr 6, 2016.

1. DangerSuit

DangerSuit

Hello all

I have managed to run an virtual android machine on my PC using Virtual Box and a download of an Android distro (is that the right term? I'm new to this), but I was wondering if it was possible to specifically emulate a phone, rather than just an Android device. A lot of apps require the device to be a phone, so I was not able to test them on the initial emulation I created.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

DS

DangerSuit, Apr 6, 2016
  2. DangerSuit

CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy, Apr 6, 2016
  3. DangerSuit

sparkster

Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, all the Android emulators are pretty limited in this respect because many/most computers don't have certain functions available which smartphones have. I can only think of a couple of alternative methods, one being to use an Android device to do your developing - you can get Android laptops which you may be able to work on which would be more convenient. If you need software to do so, AIDE is an excellent Android app for developing apps and you can test your apps directly on your device and export them as .apk files.

sparkster, Apr 7, 2016
  4. DangerSuit

rz3300

I have never seen anyone emulate a phone, but for some reason I am willing to assume that it is possible somehow. I feel like anything is possible when it comes to these devices these days and the software than comes with them. All it takes is one person to figure it out and then before you know it everyone is doing it. I would be interested to see it done, and I guess we will see.

rz3300, Apr 7, 2016
  5. DangerSuit

vinaya

I did not know we could run android on a PC. I also use Android devices. Some of the apps on my handheld devices are so good that I feel these will very helpful if I have them on my PC. Can you tell me how to use Android apps on my PC. What kind of program allows me to use Android apps on my computer?

vinaya, Apr 7, 2016
  6. DangerSuit

DangerSuit

Hey @CasualGoofy - thank you for your response, I think this might be what I'm looking for. I will report back on my progress when I try this over the weekend.

DangerSuit, Apr 8, 2016
Ask a Question