Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dibo0201, Jul 20, 2009.

1. dibo0201

dibo0201

Hi,
    I have a D150 and would like to work on some family videos (editing, authoring, etc.) I downloaded the trial versions of Ulead but it wouldn't launch saying that my screen resolutuon had to be at least 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or above. This isn't possible for the D150. Then I tried Power Producer 5. It launched, ok, but the navigation buttons below couldn't be displayed. I mean, there wasn't enough screen to show the buttons and so I couldn't go beyond the "home" page. I'm so frustrated. I hope someone can help me. I love my netbook, but I can't seem to find a video editing software that I can use on it. Does anyone know of a video editing software that can work with the limitations of the AAO D150? :(

dibo0201, Jul 20, 2009
  2. dibo0201

rfortson

Have you tried Windows Movie Maker? If you have a Windows version of the Aspire One, it comes with the computer. I always found it easy to use.

rfortson, Aug 3, 2009
  3. dibo0201

hanso

Premiere Elements 7 runs fine on the Acer Aspire One D250.
    Seems not be limited by the screen resolution.

The machine is a bit underpowered for video editing, but it will do while on the road. It will not replace my core duo main system with large screens while I am at home!

Hans

hanso, Aug 10, 2009
  4. dibo0201

dibo0201

Thanks rfortson and hanso. I think I may have tried Windows Movie Maker, I can't be sure. I've tried so many different programs that I forget which ones had video but no audio, or launched but crashed after a few minutes, or launched but couldn't display all the navigation buttons. I think WMM was the one with the video but no audio. It might have something to do with the audio codec of the video files I was trying to edit. But I do like the ease of use of WMM, if only I was able to get my video clips to work in it.

I may have found the software for my netbook. It's Sony Vegas and Sony Architect Studio. No screen resolution problems, no crashing in the middle of editing. Although, it might take me a while to learn to work it. The interface looks sophisticated. I'm just glad I could access all the navigation buttons and menus.

dibo0201, Sep 16, 2009
  5. dibo0201

cine-guy

I got Windows Movie Maker to run. I only cut for a few minutes, but the audio and video held up.

Cine-guy

cine-guy, Oct 7, 2009
  6. dibo0201

ryanrod

Not to bring up an old thread, but I use sony vegas 9 on my aspire. Its not fast at all, but it works.

ryanrod, Jan 21, 2010
  7. dibo0201

chasmanor

AVS4YOU has lots of audio/video editing software. Most is downloadable for free. It works well on my ACER.

chasmanor, Jan 21, 2010
  8. dibo0201

Photomonk

Another vote for Adobe Premiere Elements 7 or 8. It works fine with my machine.

Photomonk

Photomonk, Apr 2, 2010
Ask a Question