Video Camera not working

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Stuart Graham, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Stuart Graham

Stuart Graham

I am trying to get my AAO to speak to my video camera but not having much luck. The Camera is a JVC GR-DX97 but despite loading the software that came with the camera every time I plug in the camera I get the found new software balloon and then get asked to insert disc to load drivers. Once this has been done. I shut downa nd reboot, plug in the camera to get the same message that new hardware has been discovered end so the loop continues. I have used this camera successfully via a firewire cable on my main PC for the last 4 years but never used the usb. Incidentely I have tried windows movie maker and Pixela image maker software,
    Can anyone help please.

many thanks

Stuart Graham, Nov 16, 2009
  2. Stuart Graham

Stuart Graham

Sorry, I meant to add that I am on XP 160GB hard drive and 1GB ram

Stuart Graham, Nov 16, 2009
  3. Stuart Graham

BrianN324

I can't say I'm familiar with that particular model of camera, but I do have others that use Firewire and USB. Generally speaking, if it's a Mini-DV camera, the Firewire is used for video transfers, also referred to as capture even though in this case it's just transferring the DV format content to disc, and not really digitizing the images. Anyway, in my experience the USB was used for still images perhaps from a flash memory like MemoryStick in the case of Sony. Now, there very well could be models that use USB for video as well, as the most current version is very close in speed to Firewire. Some software is set up with drivers to only use FIrewire. If your software is specific to this camera, it of course should work. Sometimes it's recommended to have the camera powered by the AC power supply rather than battery. This all may not be of much help, sounds like something the software maker or the camera manufacturer would need to help with.

BrianN324, Nov 27, 2009
Ask a Question