Video Buffering on A150?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by elgerber, Sep 6, 2009.

1. elgerber

elgerber

Hello,

This is my first time here. I was given an Aspire A150 for my birthday, with 1 GB ram and a 6 cell battery. I am just getting a chance to start playing with it now. I was trying to preview a couple of songs and a music video on I-tunes, and the music plays for a second or two, then stops and says buffering, it does this every few seconds. The video just won't play at all. I tried watching something on Youtube, with the same results, it stops for buffering every few seconds. I thought maybe it was poor wireless signal, but when I went where the signal is better, the problem was still there. Then I notice if I plug it in, it all plays just fine. Is this normal? I am a little upset at the thought that I can't do much with the portable netbook, unless I'm using AC power.

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks!

elgerber, Sep 6, 2009
  2. elgerber

Tamrac

This is an old Wifi issue... just turn off the power saving feature of the wifi card and you're fine. Do a search in this forum, there are a number of topics about that. Cheers.

Tamrac, Sep 6, 2009
  3. elgerber

elgerber

Thanks, I did try that, and it helps the music, but the video is still very choppy, is that just something I have to live with?

elgerber, Sep 6, 2009
  4. elgerber

Tamrac

Are the videos ok when it's plugged in? BTW, what OS are you running? XP or Linpus?

Tamrac, Sep 6, 2009
  5. elgerber

Forone

If it's XP be sure to go to Microsoft Update and download any "optional" driver updates for the Atheros and RealTek drivers. That's the main audio/video problem reported here. If you're having to move around to get a good wi fi connection, that also sounds like a question mark. A basic configuration should handle most internet media pretty well, assuming there's no server-side slowdown. Firefox and Google's Chrome handle media better than Internet Explorer, and there are a few more bandwidth tweaks for XP, Firefox and/or Flash. A simple one is to right-click an Adobe Flash screen for settings and set the storage to "Unlimited".

Forone, Sep 7, 2009
Ask a Question