VGA port. How to use?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by simbeb, Jul 9, 2009.

1. simbeb

simbeb

Hi

I need to be able to use my AA1 to watch DivX on the TV set during my holidays abroad. I run XP SP3 and I have bought a VGA to 3RCA cable. When I plug the cable to the laptop and the TV set, nothing happens. So how do I transfer the AA1's display to the TV screen, is there anything I am missing? software, hardware, settings?

Cheers.

simbeb, Jul 9, 2009
  2. simbeb

oh_johny

hold down the ( blue Fn) function key and press f5, you might need to do it several times, it is a toggle and will step thru all the available vga out functions. when you find one you like stop.

oh_johny, Jul 27, 2009
  3. simbeb

Carl1234

VGA port problem continued...

With an A150, the <Fn> plus F5 does not toggle the display from the internal LCD to the VGA connector, then to both when the keys are pushed together. <Fn> plus F1 does not work either (no help screen), but <Fn> plus F7 does toggle the mouse pad on and off. Someone from the conference support group was able to get the VGA display to work, but either used some part of the XP Control Panel or a DOS command while I was giving a speech. The projector then worked without problem which leads me to believe it's an Acer software interface problem with <Fn> plus F5 of some sort.
    Can you assist? The manual work-around that the support person used would be OK.
    Thanks,
    Carl

Carl1234, Jul 29, 2009
  4. simbeb

oh_johny

I've got an a150 and it works like a champ here. You have to have a device attached to the external VGA port and it must be turned on, before the buttons will work - it senses a load on the signal lines. Sometimes it takes a second or so for it to pop up.
    You must keep both buttons held down until it pops up. Then while holding down the function key press and release the f5 key - it should step through the various video port modes. I've used mine with a jvc projector for hours at time with no problems. You can also rotate the video if needed. Hope this helps.

oh_johny, Jul 29, 2009
  5. simbeb

Abraxas212

You can also go to control panel, then Intel(r) GMA Driver for Mobile. There you can set the resolutions for the second monitor, color quality, refresh rate, and if you want to completely switch to the other monitor or run both. I use it so much i have a shortcut to it on my desktop.

Abraxas212, Aug 1, 2009
  6. simbeb

Carl1234

Thank you Abraxis212. That's exactly what I needed! Carl

Carl1234, Aug 9, 2009
Ask a Question