VGA out issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by endlessnameless, May 29, 2009.

1. endlessnameless

endlessnameless

I have an aao dual boot xp+osx, 320gb hd, 1.5 gb ram. The OSX is 10.5.6 and basically everything is running fine. I have connected the aao to my tv via a vga cable and when I go to switch it so that it will play on the tv, the screen on the aao goes beserk and there are random flashing lines on the screen. When I unplug the cable and press enter, the screen goes back to normal. Any suggestions?

I don't know if this is an option with osx but you know how you can tap the touchpad and it registers as a mouse click in XP? Can this be done in osx?

Thank you and I apologize if this has already been covered. I searched the forum but didn't quite find what I was looking for.

endlessnameless, May 29, 2009
  2. endlessnameless

yohko101

what osx is trying to do is somehow match the resolution your tv is in. and when it does, you get something similar to your screen. i had problems like that before. i dont remember quite clearly, but there is a file that stores the information on each device you plug in the vga slot and it remembers the resolution. what i did was open the file and delete then information there, and rebooted. then plugged in the device again, then fix the resolution on the system pref

yohko101, May 30, 2009
Ask a Question