VERY weird wifi prob. AAO's wifi crashes my dsl modem!!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by geminihc, Aug 30, 2008.

1. geminihc

geminihc

wow, in my 20 yrs of geek like, i've never seen something like this!

i've been using my dsl modem/wireless gateway , various wifi devices connected to it fine for a year. i use WPA2 for security

i just bought an AAO linux and whenever i turn on the wifi and try to connect to my network, my DSL modem shuts off and resets, hence i'm not able to get WIFI on my AAO and all my other devices get disconnected from internet! i have no idea how it is doing such thing... but it is definately extremely weird and if anyone can help me out that would be great.

geminihc, Aug 30, 2008
  2. geminihc

jackluo923

Did you have more than 256 wireless devices connected to your DSL modem? LOL JK

There might be a limit of how many devices you can connect to your modem. Try disconnecting one wireless device from your network and then test your AAO's wifi out.

jackluo923, Aug 30, 2008
  3. geminihc

xyctech

The only problem I have with my wireless is it will shut off itself after long hours of usage. I try to find to enable it can't do it, the wireless light is completely gone. Try log off, restart still not working.

I actually have to shut down the system and wait a few sec to restart it. Then it will work again.

weird...

xyctech, Aug 30, 2008
Ask a Question