VERY VERY URGENT!!! PLZ READ!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by SuperDude, Dec 16, 2010.

1. SuperDude

SuperDude

Hello everyone, I'm new to this website but have been using my second-hand Acer Aspire One ZG5 (16 gig Linpus) for quite a long time (warranty exipred, I mean), until it broke when I did something to it that I forgot what. So this is my problem (big sigh and deep breath):

WiFi isn't working (can't find any kind of connection)
    Lan isn't working (same as above)
    Terminal isn't working (when opened it displays a black screen where you can't type anything in and doesn't display anything else)
    USB/Flash Drives aren't working (doesn't show up in Thunar or on desktop)
    SD Slot/SD Cards aren't working (same as above)
    Thunar is broken (Home folder in file system isn't linked to Home folders in desktop and in usr folder I think)

I think one of the problems occured when I started integrating Xfce and compiz via terminal (when it still worked) using compiz-manager command, later on I did something that damaged the computer and when opening up it doesn't require me to open up terminal anymore to use Compiz (one: because terminal was broken and two: I did something wierd to it). I also did quite a lot tweaking with the sudo su command in terminal (I replaced normal Aspire One Linpus desktop with the normal Xfce desktop + some other stuff) which was probably another cause.

I have already tried flashing the BIOS (which I think is also broken because in BIOS screen only some options are highlighted blue, others are highlighted grey, which are inaccessible). Also, recovery disk won't work because the netbook hasn't got a CD/DVD/BluRay reader, and any type of recovery is probably hopeless because all slots doesn't work, I'm very sorry that I don't know what really caused the problems, but I guess that all the info provided would be enough. How can I fix it all?

SuperDude, Dec 16, 2010
  2. SuperDude

bluevolume

You're going to need an old priest and a young priest...

bluevolume, Dec 17, 2010
  3. SuperDude

Darryl

Did you try to load the default setup?...
    At boot press F2 quick to access BIOS.
    Use right cursor arrow and move across to Exit.
    Then select Setup Defaults.

Good Luck

Darryl, Dec 17, 2010
  4. SuperDude

SuperDude

As I said on my last post only a few options are working and usable, the other important ones are highlighted gray. Do you have any other suggestions? They will be greatly appreciated.

SuperDude, Dec 21, 2010
  5. SuperDude

SuperDude

Figured out a way to do it! All I did was reset my CMOS by taking apart the netbook for a night and after that I was able to do a System Recovery! Hope this helps anyone who is under this kind of trouble as well!!! (Not recommended for people with still valid warranties, taking apart a computer can void the warranty!). :mrgreen: ;) :lol:

SuperDude, Dec 23, 2010
Ask a Question