Very slow Windows XP Pro SP2!!!Need Help

Discussion in 'Windows' started by thangdc01_02, Aug 12, 2008.

1. thangdc01_02

thangdc01_02

Hi everyone,
    I am new here and new with AA1, I have installed full windows XP Pro SP2 onto AA1 (1.5 GB Memory and 8 GB SSD), but the windows runs so slow, it take 5 minutes to boot up and when I run any program it takes long time (freeze). Does anyone help me to do with that?
    I tried to search in forum, but nothing helps.
    Please help!!
    Thanks

thangdc01_02, Aug 12, 2008
  2. thangdc01_02

Guest Guest

there's a lot of info on these forums - take a look in the 'guide to a happy xp install' thread. not quite sure if that's the exact name, but it's something along those lines.

Guest, Aug 12, 2008
  3. thangdc01_02

thangdc01_02

I had tried to do some as some threads in room, but it doesn't work for me. I have a problem with USB ports and card reader right now, windows can't not see my device when I plug them in, all driver in management device are ready, seem nothing wrong with driver. I have no idea, what the hell is going on?
    Any solution, please!

thangdc01_02, Aug 12, 2008
  4. thangdc01_02

Guest Guest

did you follow the guides to the letter? also, where did you acquire the drivers?

you need to be more specific when describing your problems. have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Guest, Aug 13, 2008
  5. thangdc01_02

wpilgrim

my boot time is between 10 and 20 seconds. I had super slow boot times until I found something to change in my nlite install. Read all about it here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=140#p10192 I put my whole install procedure on in this thread. Page 15. Hope this helps

wpilgrim, Aug 20, 2008
  6. thangdc01_02

xammy

have you try formatting SSD using FAT32 for WinXP installation?
    previously I have experienced the same problems when I use NTFS file system in installing WinXP SP2
    then I re-install using FAT32, and it works faster as I expected

xammy, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question