Using portable apps on Linux Acer One

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ke35ch, Jul 26, 2008.

1. ke35ch

ke35ch

Since the Linux version of Acer One only include 8GB of SSD of storage and installing full Windows XP would decrease the storage even more, have any of you consider using portable applications stored on your usb drive? Portables applications include browser like Firefox, openoffice, antivirus, etc so that way you have more space on your Acer One. What do you all think?

ke35ch, Jul 26, 2008
  2. ke35ch

osdude

portableapss doesn't work with Linpus. But it does work with Kubuntu and I'm using it with much success.

osdude, Jul 26, 2008
  3. ke35ch

ke35ch

I actually meant with Windows XP installed on Linux Acer. After the fulll version of Windows is installed on Linux Acer the SSD storage decreases. So I thought using portable apps would be useful because you won't need to sacrifice more SDD storage space to install browser, antivirus, firewall, Office XP, etc. Myself I haven't tried it but I wondering if this is good idea.

ke35ch, Jul 27, 2008
Ask a Question