Using Palm USB modem To connect Internet on my AA1

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by a2z, Aug 31, 2008.

1. a2z

a2z

Hi!
    any of you guys tried connecting your Palm using the USB modem software to internet on your AA1
    Please let us know your success!
    Thanks

a2z, Aug 31, 2008
  2. a2z

jigwashere

Hi. I use PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack.prc with my 755p and my AA1. I've been connecting using my USB cable, but I've ordered a mini-bluetooth usb adapter which should work, too.
    • Download the hack: http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack.prc[/*:m:100dk1ad]
    • You need to install the Sprint Business Connection Software. [/*:m:100dk1ad]
    • Use Resco Explorer (trial version is available) or FileZ to install the hack to RAM.[/*:m:100dk1ad]
    • Load up Sprint Business Connection in Windows.[/*:m:100dk1ad]
    • Wait for the status line to say "Disconnected". Sometimes you must wait a min, or reconnect the 755p via USB.[/*:m:100dk1ad]
    • Click on CONNECT.[/*:m:100dk1ad]
    • Usually the first attempt will fail. [/*:m:100dk1ad]
    • Click OK on the error message, then click CONNECT again.[/*:m:100dk1ad]
    • It should say AUTHORIZING, then CONNECTED.[/*:m:100dk1ad]
    • You apparently have make 2 connection attempts before it will work.[/*:m:100dk1ad]

I have an unlimited data plan with my 755p but do not have the PAM plan. With this hack, I can tether my computer and not get charged PAM rates. So far, so good!

jigwashere, Aug 31, 2008
Ask a Question