Using "Alt-F10" but Don't want to erase all of C:

Discussion in 'Windows' started by smkeast, Oct 28, 2010.

1. smkeast

smkeast

All I want to do is get into command prompt. C:\
    And because I messed up something in the registry, :roll: I need to either use my backed up registry, or I need to re-install windows on top of itself. So I still have all my programs, etc. on my C:\ drive..??

When I tried to use the alt-f10, it gave me 2 choices. when I picked the 2nd choice, of not touching my "user" files, it said that there were no user files, and choose the other option. The other option says that it will install windows, but it will erase everything on the C:\ drive?? So, I exited... Now the alt-f10 does not give me that same dos readout that it did the first time (where I could possibly add in switches to the .wim file) :x

Back in the day, you could use an f key to just load into dos, before loading windows, but I don't know if that is possible with xp sc3???

Please, let me know if this is possible, ASAP.. I miss my aspire!!

Plus, Bluetooth is not available on my control panel...How do I get that in there??

Thanks
    sue

smkeast, Oct 28, 2010
  2. smkeast

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

If you hold down F8 during the boot it should give you a boot option where one of the options is Command Prompt.

Let me know how you get on.

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Oct 28, 2010
Ask a Question