Used 3G, now no internet on wireless, what happened?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by The_Snowman, Jul 16, 2009.

1. The_Snowman

The_Snowman

Hello,
    My first post here, looks like a great place; but sorry to say, it is about a connection problem. I am in Saudi Arabia, model is D150-1GBw, has a 3G modem built in, everything was fine for wireless access here at home, then I got a SIM card, connected with that, I know about the switch on front to go from 3G to wireless. The problem now when I disconnected from 3G and connect to wireless, the browser will not bring up a webpage - I checked all the settings in there, same as my other laptop which still connects as normal, hey I'm posting this, so no problem with the wireless modem.
    I even removed the SIM card but didn't help.
    Another program used to download stock data, worked before on wireless, worked on 3G, but now will also will not connect again on wireless, so that makes me think it is an internal problem with the operating system and not just the browser.
    Does anyone have any idea where I can start to look for the setting that must have been changed by using the 3G?
    Thanks, John

The_Snowman, Jul 16, 2009
  2. The_Snowman

melhiore

Windows or Linux??

If Windows check if you have an option to Enable/Disable Wi-Fi control back to wireless manager. Or alternatively just try to restart PC...

melhiore, Jul 16, 2009
  3. The_Snowman

The_Snowman

Windows XP, rebooted many times................ but DOH, :? finally figured out that I clicked on the wrong setting when the AVG anti-virus message popped up around that time. I think it was asking me if the computer was part of a network or stand alone; anyway, changed that and now it swaps easily between wireless connection or 3G connection.

Now I need a utility to monitor usage while using the 3G, any tips?

Thanks to all, John ;)

The_Snowman, Jul 17, 2009
Ask a Question