USB problems XP are there any drivers?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by CaptainDamage, Feb 12, 2010.

1. CaptainDamage

CaptainDamage

Afternoon all,

Having a nightmare with usb ports on my a110-

It all started this morning when I plugged my nokia n900 into the left socket, almost immediately the usb keyboard and mouse stopped functioning.

Now they work intermittently, ie plug the mouse in and it works for about 5 mins, if you type on the keyboard the mouse stops working

been into device manager and deleted/updated the drivers, still no joy :(

Anyone got any ideas on what to do here? Acer don't appear to have any drivers and im not sure the dvd drive will function as that relies on usb......

CaptainDamage, Feb 12, 2010
  2. CaptainDamage

CaptainDamage

Ah may have just fixed it...........

Quick trip to PC world, new usb mouse and keyboard, plugged them in.... still didn't work grrrrr

Using the new keyboard and the old mouse managed to get it to work, but kept hanging/freezing really bad

Deleted the usb drivers in device manager again, restart machine, re-install them, restart xp again

Took ages to restart this time and seemed to do loads of stuff, now presto, it works :D

I really am at a loss to explain what happened there; just random software failure or something.....duff keyboard perhaps.....who knows eh?

CaptainDamage, Feb 12, 2010
Ask a Question