USB ports on the right side does not work

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by au-g, Dec 30, 2008.

1. au-g

au-g

Hello.
    This is my first post on this great forum. I am in need of help as I may have damaged my USB ports on the right side of the Aspire One. The curious thing is that the cardreader and the power button both work perfectly, and when i insert my thumbdrive, the thumbdrive's internal light blinks once, and then shuts off. Clearly it does not show up in windows explorer, but when it is inserted onto the left side with the single USB port, it magically works.
    This first happened to me when i tried to install OS X on it, but I had also recently upgraded the RAM and exchanged the 8gb flash with an 30gb iPod 5g drive.
    To drive me insane even further i've bought a new card through http://sourceitstore.com/notebooks/acer ... eader.html and installed it. but that is not what is wrong, as the problem continues to be the same.
    Could any of you great folk assist me in my search of this problem?

Happy New Year,
    Au-G

au-g, Dec 30, 2008
  2. au-g

melhiore

Have you opened this netbook?? There is multicore cable linking motherboard and right hand side card with USBs...

melhiore, Dec 30, 2008
  3. au-g

au-g

Yes I have as I have upgraded the RAM and harddisk.
    It's the white 110 with 8gb flashdisk, by the way.

au-g, Dec 30, 2008
  4. au-g

melhiore

Can you then open netbook again and check the cable I mentioned??

melhiore, Dec 30, 2008
  5. au-g

au-g

Sure. I have disconnected it and connected it again, multiple times, with both ends at different ends, still no cigar. What to do? i haven't got a clue.

au-g, Dec 30, 2008
  6. au-g

melhiore

All you can do at the moment is visually check any damages to this cable. If you can not see anything that means is OK. In that case you have two choices:

1. Remove RAM and send it back where it come from...
    2. Try Recovery and see if it's more software problem... Maybe system lost drivers or something similar...

melhiore, Dec 31, 2008
Ask a Question