USB peripheral problems with Acer Aspire One

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by pricedo, Mar 3, 2010.

1. pricedo

pricedo

:mrgreen:

My Acer Aspire One netbook simply refuses to recognize USB peripherals such as USB flash drives & external USB optical & hard drives that work perfectly well on my other laptops & desktops with no driver installation or additional external power source.

It will recognize my Microsoft USB mouse via one USB port but not when I attempt to connect it to any of the other USB ports.

When I attempt to attach any of the above mentioned hardware to a USB port the "Found New Hardware Wizard" pops up & the device fails to install & function.

It's almost as if the unit's O/S lost its internal roadmap to USB device drivers.

Anybody else have this problem & have any knowledge of a fix or work around? :?:

pricedo, Mar 3, 2010
  2. pricedo

Swarvey Moderator

I guess you could try downloading the latest drivers and their installation programs for the devices you're wanting to use, apart from SD cards and such whch have no drivers as such. Another possibility would be to go into your device manager, uninstall all USB Host Controllers and reboot, let them reinstall and see where you can go from there.

Swarvey, Mar 4, 2010
  3. pricedo

pricedo

Almost 10 yrs later.
    I installed Linux Mint XFCE (overwrote the incumbent XP o/s) and never had another issue with USB or anything else on that little Acer netbook.

pricedo, Aug 19, 2019
Ask a Question