USB Mouse won't wake up from after sleep mode

Discussion in 'Linux' started by sincitylife, Oct 17, 2008.

1. sincitylife

sincitylife

:mrgreen: Hey guyz- wassup from las vegas. This will be my 1st post but I've been lurking here for 3weeks(since I purchased my netbook from Newegg)
    Am I the only one have this problem with Linpus? The only workaround is that I have to detach & re-insert my USB Mouse. My trackpad works fine after I wake my netbook from sleep mode. I've googled this topic to no avail.

Could it be my usb mouse? I have a crappy optical "Mi" midsize mouse.

Sappire Blue 8gig sshd 1.5gb ram Linpus OS in advanced mode with all the tweaks.

sincitylife, Oct 17, 2008
  2. sincitylife

Dave in Eugene

There seem to be some issues with these coming out of hibernate/sleep with various non-working USB devices, in Windows and Linux both. Mine with Windows habitually loses prefetch data on the attached USB dard drive, and sometimes loses the mouse and/or printer.
    Not a huge deal just disconnect and reconnect as you say, but hopefully this will be fixed in a future BIOS update.

Dave in Eugene, Oct 17, 2008
  3. sincitylife

ivor

what have you tweaked? have you got suspend speedup hacks added.
    try:
    sudo rmmod uhci-hcd
    sudo modprobe uhci-hcd

does that get you anything?

ivor, Oct 17, 2008
  4. sincitylife

sincitylife

:ugeek: Thanks for your quick responses...this forum definitely rocks!
    sudo rmmod uhci-hcd<<<<<<<this disables my usb optical mouse
    sudo modprobe uhci-hcd<<<<<this re-enables my usb optical mouse

:shock: I am not aware of the "suspend speedup hacks" as of yet....I googled those keywords to no avail.
    Will that "suspend speedup hack" solve my usb mouse wake from suspend issues if i try it?
    Can you post a link so I can give it a go?
    :mrgreen: Anyhow...thanks for your help...i'll google search that "suspend speedup hack" topic some more.
    I've just implemented the common hacks provided by Macles' blogspot and The Road to Elysium tips & tricks. The best tip was using the SSD extra storage space as primary write "hard disk" to increase my 8gb SSD's lifespan & Upgrading my RAM capacity to 1.5gb<<<<now my Linpus operates virtually completely from RAM- now my hard drive busy led light rarely blinks!
    Another good tweak is by using the add-on for Firefox 3 called "AdBlock Plus"<<<< this really speeded up my internet speeds(I almost gave up on Firefox3 and switched to SeaMonkey---but switched back after discovering AdBlock Plus add-on for firefox3).
    I've been playing Nexuiz 2.4 (quake 3 alternative) in the lowest graphic settings perfectly! I thought that this netbook couldn't play 3d games? I just wanted to surf the internet with my AA0-who would have known that it could do such more?

sincitylife, Oct 17, 2008
Ask a Question