Urgh, Currys pissed me off!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by purinaone, Sep 22, 2008.

1. purinaone

purinaone

Ok so i have my notebook for only 31 days and it stops powering up....
    So i take it in store and after trying to turn it on for me for about 15mins.....which i found hillarious (though the stupid woman carrying it by the screen not so hillarious) they told me Its got to go in for repair.... They stated that they only replace uptop 28 days...only 3 damn days over!!!.

Im really worried about the condition that the notebook is going to come back in...I had a laptop from acer before and it needed to be repaired due to a cracked screen and that came back with screws missing and a bad lookin repair job.

It is being picked up and dropped back at my local currys store by acer. If i find it to be damaged in anyway do you think I should complain to currys? Even if there is a screw missing? I know thats a stupid thing to moan about but it says a lot about there repair service and that screw was there for a reason! lol

What are other peoples views on there repair service in the UK?

purinaone, Sep 22, 2008
  2. purinaone

Andysan

Andysan, Sep 22, 2008
  3. purinaone

apatterson

I have had to deal with Curry's repair bods before and they are not all as careful as we would like them to be. I took photographs of a laptop I sent for repair last time and when it came back with a massive scratch on the case top I was able (after about 2 weeks) to get a brand new unit as I could prove the damage was not there before hand. You could take pictures of the Acer before sending it away.

apatterson, Oct 3, 2008
  4. purinaone

stealthbanana

I have had a laptop from curry's before. They wanted to charge me £45 for looking at it and £145 for fixing a broken key while under warranty, oh and pay the postage myself. Put simply I no longer buy anything from any DSG store (Curry's, Laskey's, Dixon's, PC World) and urge others not to. At the time I was responsible for an annual IT spend of about £20K and had an account with the local PC world to buy overpriced odds and sods, that also got canceled.

I bought my AAO from John Lewis mainly for the 2 year free guarantee. Took the first one back after a week as something was rattling about inside, they just replaced it. Took that one back after 3 hours as the webcam was not working, not even detected by linpus or a live USB distro. That was replaced with no quibble after 2 minutes or offered a full refund. On my third now, this one seems ok so far.

stealthbanana, Nov 12, 2008
Ask a Question