upgrading to Firefox 3.6

Discussion in 'Linux' started by glenellynboy, Sep 21, 2010.

1. glenellynboy

glenellynboy

I downloaded Firefox 3.6 from Mozilla but it doesn't show up in the download directory. I have been experimenting with various things but without success. I am ignorant of how Xarchiver works. What is "adding"? When I try to open the downloaded file from its window that tells me it's been downloaded, it shows a long list of files in Firefox. Am I supposed to "add" these somehow? I tried and get no success. The download filename is firefox-3.6.10.tar.bz2. I haven't the slightest idea what all that means.

glenellynboy, Sep 21, 2010
  2. glenellynboy

Darryl

Darryl, Sep 21, 2010
  3. glenellynboy

cjcg

I just upgraded to Firefox 3.6, but now I have to upgrade tha Adobe Flash Player so:
    Which version do I have to choose? (Yum-Linux; .tar.gz-Linux; .rpm-Linux; .deb- Ubuntu 8.04; Apt-Ubuntu 9.04)
    How do I upgrade AFP?

cjcg, Sep 23, 2010
  4. glenellynboy

Darryl

Darryl, Sep 24, 2010
  5. glenellynboy

cjcg

Thank you, Darryl.
    I downloaded the rpm file, but appears this:
    Error resolving dependencies. Unable to resolve dependencies for some packages selected for instalation
    And in the details:
    Missing Dependency: libnssutil3.so is needed by package flash-plugin
    Do I have to choose another type of AFP to install? or What am I have to do?

cjcg, Mar 24, 2011
  6. glenellynboy

Darryl

Darryl, Mar 25, 2011
  7. glenellynboy

sylviag

failed to run: Failed to execute child process "firefox" (no

Hello,

I attempted to upgrade my browser to Firefox 3, following the step by step guide laid out http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/inst ... e-one.html but I must have done something wrong as nothing happens when I try to launch the browser. I have tried to run the safemode option (firefox -safe-mode) but I got the following error: The command "firefox -safe-mode" failed to run: Failed to execute child process "firefox" (no such file or directory). Any idea, please? I wanted to upgrade to the latest version (Firefox 4) but my understanding was that I needed the 3 before installing the latest.

Thank you for your help.
    S

sylviag, May 6, 2011
Ask a Question