Upgrade to Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cluckeyo, May 9, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

If I were to upgrade my OS from Vista to Windows 7, would that eliminate the problems I am having with system load? Many of the programs I use tend to bog down my system.

cluckeyo, May 9, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Nestone50

If you are using Windows Vista, I suspect your hardware is rather old. That being said, a clean install of Windows 7 would likely help as your registry would be fresh. Regardless, you might have difficulty obtaining a Windows 7 license as it too is now obsolete. While Microsoft will continue to provide security updates for a few more years, support has already ended.
    I'd have a hard look at your hardware first and consider buying a new machine with Windows 10 already installed. Even the cheapest retail computer with Windows 10 installed will be light years faster than what you have now. If you are considering a laptop, here is one for just a little over $200. http://www.microcenter.com/product/...ional_14_Laptop_Computer_Refurbished_-_Silver

Nestone50, May 9, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

Sefie

I checked your other thread, you have already tried to install Windows 7, but failed. I was just wondering if you had reset Vista to it's store state before trying to install Win 7?

Sefie, May 10, 2016
Ask a Question