Updating Graphics Card Driver

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by MissMallory, May 12, 2014.

1. MissMallory

MissMallory

I apologize for such a stupid question. I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D. She's about five years old now and still runs beautifully. I do have an issue that has started to show itself in the past year. I have a line that flickers on the top of my screen. So far this year it has only happened once and last year about three times. It fixes itself when it restarts. I have researched many different issues and it turns out my graphics card driver needs an update.

Here's the stupid part:

Is it safe to download the update from the Toshiba Support Website? It seems like it's just a download, click and install thing, but I'd really like to make sure. While looking up answers I have read many horror stories and I just wanted a few opinions. Should I do it myself? Or should I take it to my computer guy and have him to it?

Thanks guys <3

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    MissMallory, May 12, 2014
  2. MissMallory

something back

It,s simple to do yourself. You could backup your computer before hand to be on the safe side. If any thing goes wrong then your can restore it from the safe mode settings.

something back, May 12, 2014
  3. MissMallory

MissMallory

I completely had forgotten about backing up and using a restore point! Thank you very much Something Back! It's nice to have found a computer forum where you aren't all trolls! <3

MissMallory, May 12, 2014
  4. MissMallory

Rohan99

You can download and install the drivers yourself. The drivers are in the form of a software installer so you can just run it and it will install the drivers. There is no need to take the laptop to a repair shop because you will just be wasting your money on a simple procedure.

Rohan99, Jul 1, 2014
Ask a Question