Updated BIOS to 1.05 and now AAO is dead

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by evilelvis, Mar 11, 2009.

1. evilelvis

evilelvis

I cant get it to power up.

I tried the fn+esc then power and nothing...

It's just dead as elvis. I'm really concern and really need your help. Thanks in advance.

EDIT- OK I am an Idiot. I used the active topics and saw a BIOS update. It was a BIOS update for the 10" AAO not mt AAO150. SO anyway I can fix my BONE HEADED mistake?

evilelvis, Mar 11, 2009
  2. evilelvis

Plastikman

Plastikman, Mar 11, 2009
  3. evilelvis

evilelvis

well ... tomorrow my acer makes the trip to the Acer Repair center in Texas.

looks like its bricked.

evilelvis, Mar 11, 2009
  4. evilelvis

bjlockie

Does the power light come on at all?

bjlockie, Apr 6, 2009
  5. evilelvis

serkle k

So unfortunatly I am in this same boat as the OP.... to answer the last post, I am getting an orange light coming from the battery indicator... I am thinking that it is officially bricked... But I know there has got to be some way to get life back into this motherboard... I has the same issue as many... (this was actually given to me because of the black screen issue) and I tried to update the BIOS, and after a few long hourse of trying... I got nothing.... and then I got just the orange light indicator... the machine won't POST and I can no longer get it to install/update the BIOS... as I stated before, this was given to me to look at, I believe because it is out of warrenty... Is there anything else I can try to get this back?

serkle k, May 15, 2009
  6. evilelvis

sam.hackint0sh

Use a SD Card or USB Stick, format it FAT16, put your BIOS FD and Flashit.exe on it, than hold down FN+ESC and turn it on.
    It starts either to beep, the power light flashs or both, wait a few minutes (you can stop holding FN+ESC) and get a beer.
    Once done, AAO shoudl reboot and be back to live.

sam.hackint0sh, May 15, 2009
  7. evilelvis

johngilbert371

Hi evilelvis.... I too made the very same mistake! Did acer repair your one? Please see my post to see how i fixed mine.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14043

John

johngilbert371, May 31, 2009
  8. evilelvis

panban

One question please.

For those who succesfully resurect their machine with the FN+ESC combination and flash drive with bios in i want to ask something.

During reflashing recovery did you notice in USB-STICK/PEN DRIVE led activity through?
    Cos mine is totally dead and i cannot see any activity in pen drive led.

panban, May 31, 2009
  9. evilelvis

khak

Hi

I have Acer A150, Accidently I upgraded my bios form from D150. shit , I have done stupid thing , now Laptop is dead. any sugestion ?

khak, Jun 21, 2009
  10. evilelvis

garrovick

Why are so many people wanting to update the BIOS???

A computer has a better of surviving being thrown off the roof, then having it's BIOS messed with.

garrovick, Jun 21, 2009
  11. evilelvis

khak

garrovick* you absolutley right

I dont even see power light ! what a mess!

khak, Jun 21, 2009
  12. evilelvis

johngilbert371

Hi khak, i did the same thing. i ended up replacing the bios chip which is possible but if you're not comfortable with taking your one apart and de-soldering chips then i would advise that you send it to this guy http://bios-repair.co.uk/. he sent me a pre-programmed chip and it worked great. send him an email or call him, he does do complete replacement of chip if you send him the board.

let me know how you get on

john

johngilbert371, Jun 23, 2009
  13. evilelvis

khak

Thank you very much for respond and advise.
    It's not god news for me thought. I'm from Poland . I bought Acer ifrom Amazon for 350 $ 9 month's ago , when dolar rate in my country was VERY, VERY atractive.
    That mean's unprofitable for me to disassemble Acer and sent to England. I just pised off that I was so blind and stupid !

khak, Jun 23, 2009
Ask a Question