Update has lost my 3G connection!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by PuntoPilot, Oct 30, 2008.

1. PuntoPilot

PuntoPilot

Hey all

I've recently managed to master the option of connecting to the internet using my 3G N95 Nokia. After dialing up with my mobile (using Gnome PPP), I simply went into the Connection Preferences (right clicking on the wifi symbol in the task bar) and then I would change the "Auto Connection Priority" and put the 3G option to the top.

However today I've had to do a "Live Update" because the Messenger program wasn't working correctly, which has basically taken the 3G option completely away from the Connection list! I can no longer select this as the 3G has been completely removed by the update which means when I dial up, I can not tell the lap top to use that connection resulting in all web browsers still thinking I'm offline! I hope this makes sense!!

Could anyone please advise how I reverse a live update (for that section only as I need to keep the messenger update!) or bring back the 3G option in the connection priority list! I'm desperate to be able to use the messenger program when I'm out and about with no wi-fi coverage and it appears that the live update has killed my option to use a mobile at all!

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Nick
    PuntoPilot

PuntoPilot, Oct 30, 2008
  2. PuntoPilot

NeilB

Nick,

Have a look in your 'network' programs. Have you got one called 'Mobile Partner?'

If you have then you have also installed the 3G update. Plug your 3G unit in and then run the program it will detect the card and configure it. All you need to do then is create a profile.

HTHs

Neil

NeilB, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question