UNR - lost clock icon from Notification Area?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by pogo, Jun 3, 2009.

1. pogo

pogo

I am new to Ubuntu and I have small problem :) I removed clock icon from Notification Area (right click, Remove from Panel). Now, I don't know how to return it back - In Netbook Desktop there is no "Add to Panel" option. I was trying to find configuration file which hold this information I was trying to find some xml configuration file, but no luck. My eyes hurt, but I did not find anything.
    Can somebody help?

pogo, Jun 3, 2009
  2. pogo

GlenMH

If you go in to System Tools in the left shortcut menu on the desktop, you will find a configuration editor. If system tools is not there then you will have to enable it via the main menu app in Preferances.

Once you have opened config editor, open the tree under apps and you will see a section for panel. It should be in the applets section. Mine is applet 4.

Good luck!

GlenMH, Jun 3, 2009
  3. pogo

pogo

Thanks, it works now. After enabling Config Editor it was much easier to find right place.
    Clock is applet_4 also in my system. To enable clock applet you need to go to panel > general > applet_id_list, and add "applet_4" in the list.

pogo, Jun 3, 2009
Ask a Question