UNR doesn't see all partitions - help!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by simbeb, May 12, 2009.

1. simbeb

simbeb

I've just purchased a A150 to replace my A110 and I have setup a dual boot windows XP/UNR on it:
    XP, 20gb partition, NTFS
    UNR, 20gb partition, ext4, mount point: /
    swap, 1gb partition
    shared file storage partition 1: 38gb, FAT32, mount point: /share1
    shared file storage partition 2: 38gb, FAT32, mount point: /share2

I expected both OS to see the shared partitions. Windows does but UNR only sees it's own, the Windows partition and the removable storage. What have i done wrong?

simbeb, May 12, 2009
  2. simbeb

haydoni

I had the same problem, my (somewhat unsatisfactory) solution I had was to reformat (either as NTFS or FAT32) in windows. Upon rebooting in ubuntu they should be available (to mount) in places.

I can't remember whether I could then manually choose a mount point (I think that I could) or whether I had to reinstall ubuntu and choose not to reformat but to choose a mount point on these drives.

haydoni, May 17, 2009
  3. simbeb

RockDoctor

Not sure what you've done wrong (if anything), but if you'll post the contents of your /etc/fstab file, it's likely someone reading this forum can help

RockDoctor, May 17, 2009
  4. simbeb

simbeb

Guys, thank you for your concern. I had completely forgotten about this post as nobody was replying to it. I have sorted it out quite easily by using an app called pysdm that you will find in the admin section of UNR under drive management. Just run it and you'll be able to use a simple gui to decide what partitions you want to share and be seen by your OSes. If you do not have pysdm installed by default, simply run a

Code:
    sudo apt-get install pysdm

More details for drive management here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AutomaticallyMountPartitions

simbeb, May 18, 2009
Ask a Question