universal laptop charger

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kyasuriin, Dec 20, 2008.

1. kyasuriin

kyasuriin

my nephew broke my charger and since it's still under warranty i brought it to service center. Due to holiday season i'll get the charger next year. I need to use the laptop badly but the problem is i'll run out of battery. my brother is very much willing to lend me his charger which he uses in his ACER ASPIRE 4520. If I remember correctly output voltage is the same, there is a difference in the output amperes though. my output ampere is 1.58A and his is 3.56A(i think). Can i use it? Please someone help.

If i can't use his charger there is this "universal laptop charger" that can be bought. They (the store) say that it can be use in any laptop you just have to know the output voltage of your laptop so you can set the switch of the "universal laptop charger". Is is advisable to buy this thing?

Desperate to use my laptop again...

kyasuriin, Dec 20, 2008
  2. kyasuriin

melhiore

More = better. That only means AA1 charger is capable to provide 1.58A when "big" Acer's is able to give 3.56A. For your use is better. Important parameter is voltage - it must be the same...

melhiore, Dec 20, 2008
  3. kyasuriin

kyasuriin

thanks for the quick response :D
    my brother told to check the polarity of my charger, is the polarity of the charger important? i can't check it anymore because i already brought it to the service center.

how about those universal charger is it advisable :?:

kyasuriin, Dec 20, 2008
  4. kyasuriin

PhyrePhox

Incorrect voltage may or may not harm the Aspire One.

Incorrect polarity will damage the Aspire One.

If you aren't sure about the polarity from the markings on the adapters, don't even try it.

PhyrePhox, Dec 20, 2008
  5. kyasuriin

kyasuriin

could anyone post a picture of the back portion of the charger. wanted to know the polarity and voltage. just want to make sure.

kyasuriin, Dec 21, 2008
  6. kyasuriin

DonQuichote

It is very difficult to read, but my charger says that inside is plus, outside is minus.

DonQuichote, Dec 21, 2008
Ask a Question